Skip to Main Content
ALSC Advocacy and Communication Subgroup Tasking
Outreach and Communication Tasking - DRAFT
- Develop content for project website as a resource for Kentucky educators considering or using open and affordable resources.
- Develop recommendations for web content, platform moving forward.
- Pilot communication platform for affordable learning communities of practice.
- Create events and publicity linked to Kentucky conferences and national awareness events, such as Open Ed Week and Open Access Week.
- Seek opportunities to cooperate with institutional and agency public relations, media and social media in development of recommendations for a sustainable communication strategy.
Advocacy and Communication Tasking - DRAFT
- Develop group goals/timeline
- Outreach to students
- Develop and implement strategy communicate / celebrate / advocate day to day
- Provide faculty OER champions to speak to faculty at other institutions
- Transparency of textbook costs.
- Course marking - CPE coordination?
- Create and maintain a central website (LibGuide) to record and disseminate the work of the steering committee and its subgroups.
- Work with CPE’s communication team (rep on the committee?)
- Social Media presence (#AffordableKY)
- Traditional media presence: Prepare op-ed pieces for local media outlets
- Plan (CPE) awareness campaign / events (faculty / technology / administrator showcase)
- Open Access Week, October 25-31
- Individual campus efforts
- Open Education Week, March
- Conference presentations
- Promote videos of faculty discussing their experiences with OERs (see Communication Resources)
- Analyze and create visualizations / reports to demonstrate impact (see Communication Resources)
- Platforms, Hosting and Technology
Revised August 2021
ALSC Advocacy and Communication Subgroup Roster